Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Inserting {TOKEN:LASTNAME} into detailed notification email template

• julesmim
  • julesmim's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #124443 by julesmim
Hello,

As explained in the page manual.limesurvey.org/Tokens#Email_placeholders
"If your survey is NOT anonymous, the following field names are available to insert token data in survey text and javascript. You can use these fields in confirmation and notification email template, too.
{TOKEN:EMAIL} Email of the recipient
{TOKEN:FIRSTNAME} First Name
{TOKEN:LASTNAME} Last Name
{TOKEN} Token to access the survey
{TOKEN:ATTRIBUTE_1} Attribute 1
{TOKEN:ATTRIBUTE_2} Attribute 2 (and so on for more attribute fields)"

But if I insert {TOKEN:LASTNAME} in the detailed notification email template, then when I received an email notification for the answers submitted by a participant, the corresponding last name of this participant is not included.
Thanks for your help.
Is it a bug in version 2.06? or would I have missed something?
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 8 months ago #124447 by tpartner
Try {LASTNAME}.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
More
8 years 8 months ago #124451 by jelo
Two or three weeks ago there was a similar post. It turned out that the attributes where created inside the Central Participant Database (CPDB) and not at the survey's token admin screen. Can you confirm that you used the token admin screen and NOT CPDB?

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • julesmim
  • julesmim's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #124455 by julesmim
The participants and their attributes were imported from csv file into the Central Participant Database, then I added a selection of some participants to the survey. Then I generated the tokens.
What should I have done to have the placeholder {TOKEN:LASTNAME} working properly in detailed notification email?
More
8 years 8 months ago #124457 by jelo
Personally I don't use the CPDB. Somebody else has to tell you what the relationship between attributes in these two different section is. The manual shows a step where you map attributes from the DB to the survey token list.
manual.limesurvey.org/Central_participan...tabase#Add_to_survey

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
More
8 years 8 months ago #124491 by mikeg
I am running into a similar problem when trying to use {TOKEN:EMAIL} within the survey itself. It doesn't substitute in the appropriate value even though the manual suggests this should work. It is very confusing because sometimes I need to use {TOKEN:EMAIL}, sometimes (TOKEN:EMAIL) and sometimes neither seems to work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: delfin
More
8 years 3 months ago #129984 by Vindaarten
I'm running into the same problem with LimeSurvey Version 2.06+ Build 151215.

The participants are created in Central Participant Database and added to 2 different surveys. The survey are NOT anonymous and multiple responses or update responses with one token are allowed. The tokens tables for both surveys contain the lastname and email fields, as well the SQL tables.

The {TOKEN:LASTNAME} and {TOKEN:EMAIL} does not appear in the detailed notification email template.

But I noticed the following - when same Participant submits the second survey or re-submits the first one, the {TOKEN:LASTNAME} and {TOKEN:EMAIL} are passed to the notification email.

It seems like the {TOKEN:LASTNAME} and {TOKEN:EMAIL} are getting available at the later stage than the emails are sent.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose